Madrid is a city that comes alive at night…late at night. Walking down Gran Via at midnight, you are shoulder to shoulder in pedestrian traffic. When night falls on Madrid, the people spill onto the streets. In general, Spaniards are very friendly people with open character. The separation of work and life is of the utmost importance here.There are always strong fashion fads amongst the younger people, but keep an open mind as they can be very different from home. Also, be aware that not many people wear shoes that show toes, like sandals or flip-flops, and shorts are also rare. Spaniards take pride in their appearance and you will stand out if you dress too casually.
Notable Spanish Women
- Queen Isabella I -responsible for the Spanish Inquisition
- Rosaliade Castro -poet and writer
- Ana Belén-singer and actress
- Penelope Cruz -actress
- The Spanish tend to dress up compared to Americans. You will stand out if you dress too casually.
- Not many people wear shoes that show toes like sandals or flip-flops, and shorts are also rare.
- There are unique fashion fads amongst the younger people, but keep an open mind as it may be very different then what you see back home in New York.