General Travel Tips
- Wait until the first week of classes are over, then book your travel plans.
- MAKE SURE you ask which station in your destination city your train/bus leaves from. Sometimes there is more than one train and/or bus station!
- Inform someone of your travel plans in case of emergency.
- Make sure you have more than one source of money (e.g. cash and a credit card, or two credit cards)
- Make a copy of your passport and a credit card. Pack them in a different bag, or give it to a friend to minimize the risk of losing a bag and having nothing.
- Bring email confirmations of all reservations and arrangements you have made.
- Write down the address of your destination to show to a local if you need help. Also, print out directions of how to get to that location.
Let us start by changing your opinion of the idea of hostels. We all thought they were grimy dangerous places until we actually stayed in one. Then we realized that most of the time they are just like hotels without amenities and they are full of young travelers. This makes them a great place to meet people and to get travel tips. For places to stay, check out these different hostel websites. Check customer reviews and ratings for more accurate descriptions of the accommodations.
Tips on where to travel!
Some tips on packing… first and foremost, always bring your passport!
Whether it be on plane, bus or train… check out this section for tips and sites!